Enterprise Integration Case Study: IBM and d.velop
In our speech on Tuesday we will speak about business requirements and their technical realization. We would like to show the advantages of clever coexistence, from a developer’s, architect’s or user’s point of view.
- How to integrate IBM Domino workflows in Salesforce
- How to integrate IBM Domino calendaring in Salesforce
- How to integrate IBM Connections in Salesforce
- How to integrate d.velop’s d.3ecm in Salesforce
- How to integrate Kühn & Wehy’s M/TEXT CS in Salesforce
Speech (↑) on Tuesday, March 15 at 13.00, hall 23 in the Trailhead Theater for admins and developers.
New date! As well on Monday, March 14, 16.30 in hall 2 booth 10 in the MiniTheatre on IBM’s booth
OnTime Special! Meet us on Tuesday, March 15, 16.00 in hall 2, booth 10 in the MiniTheatre on IBM’s booth
Lars Schorling of OnTime will show us best practice for team work: “Empower your IBM Connections with Time”
How to integrate IBM Domino workflows in Salesforce – extended workbench with 360-degree view
- It is important to display the customer workflow from IBM Domino as well in Salesforce in order to provide a comprehensive customer-oriented implemtation of Salesforce
- The other way round, IBM domino applications need as well the customer data from Salesforce
- How can we provide for this coexistence?
How to integrate IBM Domino calendaring in Salesforce – there is only one calendar
- How can we combine Salesforce’s customer structured filing system with IBM Domino’s vast mailing and calendaring functions?
- How can we create IBM Domino meetings directly in Salesforce?
- How can we provide access to the Salesforce contact data directly from IBM notes client and traveler app?
How to integrate IBM Connections in Salesforce – enable enterprise collaboration for sales department
- How can we use Salesforce’s sales focus and combine it with IBM connection’s people centered network?
- How can we use the IBM Connections activity feed with all functions without quitting Salesforce?
- How can we get hold of all the knowledge in IBM Connections and still remain in our sales context?
How to integrate d.velop’s d.3ecm in Salesforce – use the enterprise ECM for distribution
Filing of ECM documents is effected according to customer number, records storage plan and key words
- How is it possible to integrate this useful investment in structuring with the customer and contact structure in Salesforce?
How to integrate Kühn & Wehy’s M/TEXT CS in Salesforce – interactive, rule-based creation of documents
- How do we enable a rule based contract preparing that still is flexible enough to offer the possibility of using text modules and free text so that the user can create exactly the document needed?
Link to our speech on Tuesday at 13.00 : https://www.salesforce.com/de/events/details/cebit/trailhead/